Small businesses are no strangers to social media. In many cases, small business owners will start out with a Facebook page before moving on to a website, but a lot of businesses are ignoring a key social media channel, and that’s Google My Business. Not sure what this is? You’ll definitely have seen these before – it’s the business information that’s listed on the right hand side of the Google search results page when you search for a business name. It’s understandable that time is of the essence when you run your own business, and you simply don’t have the time to dedicate to running multiple social media channels, but here are 10 reasons why we think you should have Google My Business profile.
- It’s totally free. It’s also very easy to use, and you can set your profile up in just a few minutes.
- Millions of businesses already use this – it was previously known as Google Places, but since the launch it has undergone some reinvention and incorporated Google+ and Google Maps to the current look and feel it has today. This channel isn’t a flash in the pan, so don’t get left behind.
- It’s suitable for every business – whether you have a bricks and mortar store, you run an agency, or you’re a freelance artist who sells their work online, you can have a Google My Business profile.
- It’s the perfect complement to your current website and allows you greater brand real estate on the search engine results page. Make sure that people can find you when they search for you.
- It’s very visible when people search for your business on Google, and it also incorporates Google Maps, and your opening hours, making it very easy for people to get in touch with you.
- Editing your information from one easy-to-use dashboard is very simple – and it’s especially great if you have more than one location that you need to manage.
- You can add images, videos and even 360o virtual tours of your business premises, to give your customers an insight into who you are and what you’re about.
- Your customers can read and add reviews about your business – what a great way to share your positive feedback with the world.
- Get insights into your customers – find out more in depth information about your visitors, and how they interact with your business so you can make better and more informed decisions.
- Download the app and make your changes on the go – it’s a very convenient way to make changes, respond to reviews and check on your analytics wherever you are.
For more information about Google My Business, check out these guides and resources to help you get started, or make edits to your current listing.