Do you realise just how important video is to your content marketing strategy? If you’re still not using this medium to tell effective and engaging stories you’re at serious risk of leaving your brand behind. Find out more about the importance of video in your content marketing strategy now, and get ready to shake up how you market to your customers.
Did you know that by 2019, nearly 80% of consumer internet traffic will be video? That’s according to Cisco, and the implications for content marketers should be clear – leave video out of your content marketing strategy at your peril. Here are some other killer stats which should show you the importance of video:
- 9% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI – if this is the case, why aren’t you doing it, when so many of your peers already are? If you are doing it, we hope you have plans to make much more.
- Using the word “video” in an email subject line boosts open rates by 19%, click-through rates by 65% and reduces unsubscribes by 26% – use video content to support your other sales channels to create synergy within your content strategy – share via email, on social, on your website.
- Shoppers who view video are 1.81 times more likely to purchase than non-viewers – get your video in front of the right people to convince and convert them.
What’s holding you back from using video?
Now that you’ve seen what’s possible with video, what’s holding you back? Of course, you need to consider your audience and what format they want to digest information in, but given the choice between a 2 minute explainer video or a page of text, we all know which one we would prefer.
Here’s a few examples of videos you could introduce to get you started on your way to a content strategy that converts:
- About us: About your brand, your people and your personality. Add a human element to your corporate presence and instantly change how customers feel about you.
- How to: These are always extremely popular – so creating ‘how to’ videos to help customers discover the best way to use your product, or to increase the value they get from your service by unlocking previously unknown parts of it will be a winner.
- Demo video: Are you trying to launch a new product? Maybe you want to reaffirm what makes your product different from your competitors? Show it off to its full potential with a demo video.
Hopefully, that’s given you the push you needed to highlight the crucial importance of video in your content marketing strategy. Feel free to get in touch with us if you want any more advice.